How to get a CICPA Pass
The National Guard Command, formerly the Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority (CICPA), is responsible for safeguarding Abu Dhabi's main infrastructure areas. The National Guard Command issues security permits for companies, vehicles, vessels and individuals who work in sectors that are considered to be a vital part of Abu Dhabi’s infrastructure. This includes restricted ports and field locations including Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
When researching how to start an oil and gas company in the UAE, the National Guard Command (CICPA Pass) will be a mandatory step and requirement. Employees working at the premises of any establishment that has been deemed ‘critical to Abu Dhabi’ are required to register their relevant staff for security permits with the National Guard Command. The staff can be working in onshore, offshore, at sea or on land jurisdictions.
How to apply for a National Guard Command Pass (CICPA Pass)
The process for applying for National Guard Command pass (CICPA pass) is as follows:
- Complete the application form by using the Permit Program (in Arabic only).
- Complete the introduction documentation.
- Attach required supporting documents according to the type of permit you wish to apply.
- Submit the application at the headquarters of the Security Permits Section.
- Only the company owner or registered company PRO can apply for the permits.
The requirements for applying for a CICPA Pass
- Companies wanting to apply for a National Guard Command (CICPA Pass) will require
- An Abu Dhabi Mainland Trade Licence
- Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC) Approval
- Company to obtain a Letter of Authorisation (LOA) which is an invitation letter from the authority of the area they need to access i.e. an ADNOC approval letter - Abu Dhabi’s infrastructure including Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- PRO’s EID, POA, visa, labour card and passport
- Passport image of applicant
CICPA passes can not be issued to persons with free zone, visit or tourist visas or visas issued in other Emirates outside of Abu Dhabi.
How can PRO Partner Group help?
PRO Partner Group can handle all the steps to obtain CICPA Passes including PRO registration. PPG would require copies of your company trade license and LOA to proceed with assisting the full process.
If you are exploring how to start an oil business in the UAE, we can assist with the full business setup of an Abu Dhabi licence as well as SPC approval and then following ADNOC approval. PPG can also assist with further visa and PRO support matter in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, the wider UAE, Oman, Qatar or KSA, then please do get in touch with us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 for Dubai or +971 (0)2 448 5120 for Abu Dhabi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form below and we will be delighted to assist you.