What does document attestation in the UAE entail?
The document attestation process in the UAE typically involves several stages. The steps for the attestation of official documents and certificates may vary depending on the type of document and the specific requirements required for documents both issued inside and outside of the UAE, below is a summary of the typical process:
- Notarisation: The first stage is getting the document notarised by a recognised notary public in the home country. This step verifies the authenticity of the document and ensures that it is prepared and signed in accordance with the applicable laws.
- Home Country Authentication: After notarisation, the document is submitted to the relevant government authorities or agencies in the home country for authentication. This process confirms the validity of the notary public's signature and seal on the document.
- UAE Embassy or Consulate Attestation: Once the document is authenticated in the home country, it needs to be attested by the UAE Embassy or Consulate in that country. The embassy or consulate verifies the authenticity of the document, ensuring it meets the UAE's requirements for attestation.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) UAE Attestation: After obtaining attestation from the UAE Embassy or Consulate, the document is then submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in the UAE. MOFA verifies the authenticity of the embassy's or consulate's attestation and confirms that the document complies with the UAE's regulations.
- Additional Attestations (if required): Depending on the type of document and its intended use, additional attestations may be necessary. Attestation services in Dubai can require specific attestations from relevant government departments or authorities in the UAE, such as the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health, or Chamber of Commerce.
All documents must be submitted as originals in either English or Arabic (or an official translation of it).
To note: Documents must not be laminated.
Why use a corporate services company for attestation/translation services in the UAE?
Managing the attestation/translation process alone can be challenging. Coordinating between different authorities, managing the paperwork and understanding the intricacies of each step can be time-consuming and overwhelming, especially for those unfamiliar with the local regulations. There are a number of different areas of business and personal documentation that will require these services in the UAE. For UAE company formation, attestation and translation of documents, is something to consider in the overall Dubai company formation costs. Moreover, dealing with multiple offices or agencies located in different areas can involve extensive travel, communication, and follow-up, which can be logistically cumbersome.
These difficulties may result in delays, errors, or missed deadlines, impacting the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the attestation or translation process. Engaging a corporate services provider such as PRO Partner Group, alleviates these challenges by assuming the responsibility of coordination, communication, and logistics.
Their expertise helps navigate the complex procedures, ensuring accurate and timely completion of the necessary documentation and the confidentiality, security, and accuracy of your documents.
How can PRO Partner Group help?
At PRO Partner Group, we have decades of experience in the corporate services industry in the UAE and wider GCC and key connections with government departments and regulatory authorities. Our dedicated team provide attestation services in Dubai and legal translation services in Dubai, for accurate document submission to the relevant authorities.
We can guide you on the specific documentation requirements for different purposes, such as company formation, visa applications or government approvals. We can then facilitate the entire attestation and translation process on your behalf to ensure timely completion and the avoidance of any potential delays or penalties.
If you need attestation services in the UAE or you require assistance with any other related onshore or offshore company setup, restructuring, local partner or PRO support matter in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, the wider UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar or KSA, then please do get in touch with us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 for Dubai or +971 (0)2 448 5120 for Abu Dhabi, email us at email@example.com or complete the contact form below and we will be delighted to assist you.