Steps required to obtain Partner Visa
As specified above, in order to obtain a Partner Visa in Oman it is first required for the individual to be able to provide the Investors Licence as part of the visa application.
Foreign investors interested in doing business in Oman may need to obtain various licenses and permits, depending on the type of investment and the business activities they intend to carry out.
- Company Registration: Register your business as a legal entity in Oman. This involves choosing a suitable legal structure, such as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or a Sole Proprietorship.
- Commercial Registration (CR): After registering your company, you need to obtain a Commercial Registration (CR) from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The CR serves as the primary license for engaging in commercial activities in Oman.
- Select Business Location
- Apply for Municipality License: indicates the compliance of a business with local regulations and ensures that the business adheres to specific health, safety, and zoning requirements.
- Approval from Relevant Authorities: Depending on the specific nature of your services, you may need approvals from relevant government bodies or professional associations.
- Trade Name Approval: Obtain approval for your company's trade name from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- License Application: Apply for the necessary licenses and permits specific to your business activities. For example, if you're running a consultancy, you'll need a Professional License. This is the stage where you apply for the relevant Investor Licence.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure that you meet all the requirements, provide necessary documentation, and fulfill any other obligations related to your business activities.
- Visa and Labour Permits: If you plan to hire expatriate staff, you'll need to apply for appropriate employment visas and labor permits. The Partner Visa is a business visa in Oman. At this stage, assuming you have received the Investor License, you can apply for the Partner Visa (if eligible).
The timeline to receive labour permits are between 7-10 working days.
Benefits of the Partner Visa
The Oman investor visa / company formation in Oman has advanced its services to provide investors with a lower cost opportunities for foreign investors to obtain a resident visa in Oman. Oman visa types are increasingly expanding to offer more opportunities for individuals and companies to invest in the region. The Partner Visa is linked to the registered entity in Oman and therefore encourages both investment as a means of obtaining residency.
How can PRO Partner Group assist?
PRO Partner Group offers comprehensive assistance in company registration in Oman. PPG can assist with the entire formation process and further assist with PRO and Vias application support. We can check your eligibility for the Partner Visa, a new business visa in Oman. It can be tricky to navigate the Oman business visa requirement but our team of experienced consultants and PROs in Muscat maintains strong government connections, streamlining the company formation process. Beyond incorporation, we extend support with essential corporate services like HR solutions, Payroll management, and Accountancy services. Count on us to facilitate your business journey from start to finish and provide ongoing support for seamless operations.