Registration of QFZ company
The licence types available in QFZ include:
- E-commerce (online portal activities – requires experience with managing these platforms)
The documents that will be submitted at this stage depend on the proposed business activity and structure.
QFZ LLC Formation
For incorporation of an LLC in QFZ, you will require all the documents relating to the free zone entity. These are:
- Articles of Associations (AoA), which must be signed by shareholders or authorised representatives of the shareholders on every page
- Documents pertaining to the incorporation of the free zone entity and appointment of an authorised representative (shareholder’s resolution)
- All governmental documents that relate to the company shareholders
Note that where shareholders may be corporate entities then the relevant Board Resolution and Power of Attorney must be obtained from the country of origin and Notarised, Legalised and Attested through the Qatar embassy in that country. PPG can fully assist with this process as needed.
QFZ Branch Formation
In order to register a branch office in the Qatar Freezone, you must provide the following:
- All documents that relate to the authorisation for incorporation of a free zone branch
- Any documents that are connected with the appointment of a manager
- Any other constitutional documents that are related to the originating parent company
With setting up Branch office in QFZ the relevant Board Resolution and Power of Attorney must be drafted from the parent company and obtained from the country of origin and Notarised, Legalised and Attested through the Qatar embassy in that country. PPG can assist with this process as needed.
Benefits of setting up in QFZ
- QFZ utilise the wage protection system (WPS) which oversees the correct and timely payment of employees
- QFZ and the Qatar Airways provide well connected networks which investors would have access to which expands their reach to many regional markets worldwide.
- Qatar is strategically positioned between the producing-East and consuming-West markets
- QFZ is able to offer fully serviced offices, units and land plots within a dedicated zone
- World-class infrastructure and logistics connectivity by land, sea and air - combining its strategic location with this large storage capacity could improve target global supply chain ensuring availability and speedy delivery of its products
- 100% Foreign Ownership of your business
- Full capital repatriation
- 20 year corporate tax holiday
- No rule round minimum number of local employees
- Zero customs duties for in/out of free zones, but 5% customs duties apply when sold into Qatar